Thursday, April 28, 2011

There is a garden......

I'm working on a lovely song at the moment entitled "My lady's garden".  The original words are in French and translated into English by Roger Bennett and the music is by Roger Quilter.


Here are the opening lyrics:

There is a garden that all sweets encloses,
Where my love is wont to stray;
There blow the fairest flowers of May
And, lovelier yet, soft damask roses.

There by her side among the flow'rs
Would I might pass the days of June,
Fleeting the careless summer hours,
Whether by night or by noon.



It's such a joy to sing, even if the lyrics are sad at the end......and I can't get it out of my head.  I've been doodling flower gardens, thinking of damask roses......and from all these thoughts, these "there is a garden" earrings appeared!  It's like having a little garden shining brightly from your ears.

The leaves are aluminium and the flowers are silver.

And now I've written this blog post, you can be sure the song will be in my head for the rest of the day!!! :-D

5 comments:

Sue said...

I love how you're combining silver with the aluminum!

Ruth said...

Thanks Sue. I really am enjoying it. Hope you are doing well.

vilterietje said...

love your ear garden:)

rachel awes said...

i looooooooove these earrings!
your jewelry's amazing!

Ruth said...

Thanks for your nice comments. Ear garden is a lovely phrase Riet!Glad you like them Rachel.