Wednesday, April 13, 2011

15/52 Bird a week challenge - Break Out

My bird for this week is the one I created for the master muse challenge.  It's entitled "Break Out" and shows a little silver and gold bird, breaking out of his shell in a nest.


The egg shell is actually a real bird's egg that I found and I strengthened.  And the nest is made from twigs, like the birds would use, all intertwined together.

Photo by Drew Davidson
A bit of nature in a pin.   The beak of the bird is covered in gold using the keum boo technique as little birds beaks are always bright yellowy gold so the parents can see where to put all that food!!


Is it time for you to break out???  Maybe you should join our bird a week challenge if you haven't already.....you can join at any time......

Click on the links below to see the other birds that have been created for this week's birdie challenge.

1 comment:

Joy Funnell said...

I love this - wonderful!!!