Friday, August 28, 2009

Flickr and Sweet Figments

I've recently been posting my photos on Flickr - both of jewelry and some birds. Previously I'd not really used Flickr but after my dad was "discovered" on it, and after asking a few other "jewelry people" about it, I was convinced that I should be a bit more active as it does seem useful for increased exposure.

As I'm sure most people know, as well as having your own photo set, you can also join groups and post your photos there. Yesterday I signed up to join the Sweet Figments group. Sweet Figments is a blog that was designed to help get artists more exposure and also includes features and interviews etc.

Well - yesterday I added 5 photos to the group - and today, they are showing one of them on their Flickr Friday blog! How fast is that. They chose my "Feed the birds" necklace - that always seems to catch to eye!


The other wonderful thing about Sweet Figments is their logo! Here it is:



Thanks Sweet Figments.

5 comments:

Nicola said...

Cute! Now surprised they picked your feed the birds :)

Easterya said...

How interesting about Flickr... I know it, don't use it, but now I might follow your lead... Your bird feeder is absolutely amazing, no womnder they picked it!! :)

florcita said...

Well, you just introduced me to something new. I do use Flickr now... for a looong time and it is quite fun, I'll look you up. But sweet figments I didn' t know...

Ruth said...

Yes Fabs, you should try it. Like all these things, it takes time uploading photos and putting them in groups etc - but so many people are now using it.

Ruth said...

Marian - yes - worth checking out Sweet Figments - I like them - you might also look at cuteable..but maybe you know them already?