Thursday, August 13, 2009

Repose

Repose : n.
1. The act of resting or the state of being at rest.
2. Freedom from worry; peace of mind.
3. Calmness; tranquility.

I was reading a book recently and in it, they used the word repose a couple of times. What a great old word - rarely used nowadays, and straight away, I knew I had to make a necklace entitled "repose".


So this hand sculpted necklace of a chair, is a wearable reminder to take a rest, forget your worries and find a sense of calmness...


It would make a lovely gift for yourself or a friend or a family member who needs to find freedom from their worries....."repose".


I've put it in on a 24 inch chain. I have never used this length before - but it seems right for this piece...a length where you can hold the chair and it then serves as a tactile reminder as well as visual reminder to find some repose.....

Hmmm.... as I've just written this, I've realized someone who could do with this necklace as a reminder....Guess I'll have to make another one now......

2 comments:

HappyDayArt! said...

That's a really nice smooooth chair.

Catherine

Anonymous said...

caption comp.

'odd man(bird) out'

john