Saturday, October 31, 2009

October in books and movies

October was a month of lots of movies. Not sure why - but as I'd make my list, it just kept growing.

Here's what I watched this month:

The last house on the left
Derailed
The soloist
Valkyrie
Shrink
Invention of Lying
Quicksand
Flash of genius
The truth about Charlie
Point Break
Amelia
Sunshine cleaning
Goodbye Solo
Flowers for Algernon

The sad part is, I can't remember a lot of them, so obviously they weren't great. I think the one I liked best was Derailed with Clive Owen. It's not for the gentle hearted - or squeamish - but a clever little tale.




For books this month I read:

Same kind of different as me
Audition
Elegance of the Hedgehog

My favorite was definitely The Elegance of the Hedgehog. I struggled with it to start with and it didn't really interest me until the new man appeared on the scene. Then I just loved it.

Have you read it?

Did you read or see anything good this month that you can recommend?

2 comments:

meherio68 said...

I read this book and I cried like a baby at the end... But it gave me great pleasure, and also a large chunk of inner peace, before I got to that point— so that was all right.

Ruth said...

I cried too! But in a way, the ending was good..... Glad to hear you enjoyed it as well. I agree about the sense of inner peace...