- All the nests with eggs and newly hatched baby birds! Above, the top left nest is tiny - about the length of my thumb, with brown speckled blue eggs. Top right is in the new Godello vines with four pale blue eggs. Bottom left two little babes have just hatched - you can just see them to the left of the third blue egg. Bottom right, the bluebirds in their house, with one especially hungry one. These are the same bluebirds that I showed in last Saturday's post. You can see that their eyes are now open and they have more feathers. It's such a delight to watch nature.
- A successful farmer's market last Sunday with good sales and lovely people.
- Some aluminum commission work.
- Going to the art museum with a friend.
- Lunch with a friend.
- Creating our latest wine label for our 2009 Birdland Merlot. It's at the printers now!
- Seeing Quentin and Queenie numerous times with 11 babies. Today they can fly and jumped up on our dining table outside. Phew, they are much safer now they can fly.
- Sitting by the pond after gardening and watching the great blue heron catch frogs and the baby swallows squalk continuously for more food!
- The pleasure of gardening - but I could have done without the reaction I had all over my arms to one plant!
- Sharing in 4th of July celebrations at a friend's home.
- The lives of Craig, Adam and Charlie, who all shared a birthday on 4th July.
Saturday, July 9, 2011
This week's things that I am grateful for: