Friday, July 8, 2011

Friday's fascinations: Paper Sculpter Calvin Nicholls

I came across  a wonderful artist this week, and just felt the need to share his work with you.  His name is Calvin Nicholls and he creates animals out of paper. And he seems to create all my favorite animals too!

Here is his chameleon:


His sculptures are made using only paper and a tiny bit of glue, along with a scalpel for cutting the paper and then wooden and metal tools to create texture. There is a short explanation of his technique on his website.


He makes many of his sculptures for use in advertising campaigns, for example:



I love the intricacy of it all. Gosh, this guy has patience.  Look at this porcupine and hedgehog with all those tiny quills of paper:



Gosh, I'd love to have one of these......What an amazing artist.  Here is his Boreal Owl:



Such precise intricate work. Hope you've enjoyed seeing it.  To see more and learn more about him, his website is http://www.calvinnicholls.com

1 comment:

Patty Biermans said...

This is extraordinary!!! I admire people who have such patience, a lot!!!! That's probable because I don't have patience myself. haha. Hugzz...Peebee