Wednesday, July 27, 2011

30/52 Bird a week - Jump for Joy

Last week a customer asked me to make one of my "jump for joy" necklaces as a birthday gift for a friend.


She said her friend was such a happy soul that this piece would just be perfect for her.  I haven't made a "joy" necklace this year, so this cute happy little birdie is my 30th bird this year, for my weekly bird a week challenge.



This design for the necklace actually came about from my cartooning class that I did last year. I was trying to get expressions with a beak and as beaks are hard, not soft like lips, they don't express as much emotion as mouths. Therefore I tried incorporating emotions into the wings and feet as well!   I haven't tried my cartooning in a while...maybe I should do some more....  

Check out the other birds made in this challenge by following the links below:

1 comment:

Joy Funnell said...

I Love this piece :)