Saturday, May 28, 2011

Weekly Bird in the hand

Here is this week's list of things I'm grateful for - my "bird in the hand":

Photo by iJammin
  • Family and friends whom we've been seeing during our trip in England.  We had some lovely days and too many good meals!
  • Uncle Archie, whose funeral we went to yesterday.  It was a good send off for him.
  • New experiences - but more about a fishy one next week!!!
  • Our fascinating visit to a big bronze foundry - again, I'll tell you more about that soon!!!
  • Gooseberry and rhubarb yoghurt
  • Genius gluten free bread - GF bread that actually tastes like bread and doesn't need to be toasted.  A special bonus is that I also heard this week that Genius will soon be available in the US! Yippee!
  • My friends Angie and Marly who are back in California looking after Harold my parrot and singing with him :>
  • Seeing all the wildflowers on the roadside
  • Good pubs and English cider!

2 comments:

Honey from the Bee said...

I just wanted to let you know that I enjoy this weekly post of yours so much. It's honest and makes you feel good to read it... reminding one of what's important.

Ruth said...

Thanks Janet. I do like writing it. I makes me pause a while and think about the week and all that has happened. Hope you have had a good week.