Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Daisy Chain

What little girl hasn't sat on the grass and tried to make a daisy chain?



Picking daisies and trying to thread the stems is such a vivid childhood memory. Yet I have to say that daisy chains were a challenge for me as I used to bite my finger nails and so making that hole in the stem was not easy! But I would persevere to make a pretty little daisy chain necklace or bracelet. What about you? Do you remember making flower jewelry? I hope little kids still make them nowadays....


The image brings back such great emotions - often just of a quiet time, the sunny shining, sat on my own on the lawn, or chatting with a close friend and enjoying the summer.


Yet I wonder if any boys ever made daisy chains? I'm guessing not.  I just asked my husband and he said he never made any as a little boy, but he taught his boys how to do it when they were little and they would make really long chains - not to be worn or anything uncool like that!!!!. Ask your hubby or partner, see if he ever tried....


But adorning oneself with a little garland of flowers was such a perfect thing for a little girl. Your moment to feel special.



And so, that feeling comes into my latest color anodised aluminum bangle "daisy chain".  It's for the escapist....the person who wants to recapture those precious moments from childhood.  But maybe we shouldn't need a bangle to do that.  I'm going to make sure that this summer I find a lawn with daises and sit and make a daisy chain! Maybe I'll do it with my nephews when they come and visit - although they may not be too keen at their age :=D  I hope you'll give it a go too -and then let me know!  But if not, you can always wear a daisy chain bangle as a reminder of those simple pleasures in life.......

I have another version of this to show you on Thursday, so look out for Daisy Chain version II!

1 comment:

vilterietje said...

one of the most beautiful and strong flowers:)