Wednesday, May 4, 2011

18/52 Bird a week challenge - Expectant Robin

I was sat on the window seat in my studio yesterday, talking to my mum on the phone.  She mentioned some felt work she had seen that day...and I looked straight ahead and saw my "felt" drawer, full of wool roving that I hadn't touched in ages.

A few years ago, I did a lot of felting but that was knitting and then wet felting to make bags. I had tried a teeny weeny bit of needle felting back then too - so I decided that for this week's Bird a Week, I would use felt as my media. 


 So meet needle-felted "Robin" - patiently waiting on her nest for her three little blue eggs to hatch.

You can see that Robin is a British Robin, not an American Robin. No, they don't have different accents - but they look very different from each other!!! Here are the two types:

British Robin

American Robin
While I like both robins, the British one seems so cute and plump and round!  And he adorns so many Xmas cards!  A totally different shape than the American. I think mine should have had a more plumped up red breast to be honest...but never mind!!!


Please click on the links below to see the other birds that have been made this week as part of our year long challenge:

1 comment:

vilterietje said...

adorable:)
is it wetfelted or needlefelted?