Monday, May 2, 2011

Burnt orange flowers

You may recall that a few weeks ago I showed you a bangle I made which included texturing the metal using a rolling mill.  The bangle was all one color - a vibrant and strong burnt orange.  Today, I decided to add a few silver flowers to it.


The texture I used was floral lace, so the silver flowers pick up on that texture.


A total of four silver flowers were added. The two larger ones are riveted on with aluminum rivets. The two smaller flowers are riveted on with copper rivets to pick up the burnt orange color again, as you can see in the photo below:



I think it seems a happier bangle now! What do you think?

2 comments:

vilterietje said...

as orange is my favorite colour, this is the one i like the most of all:)

angie said...

I LOVE this! The silver flowers really "pop" on the rich, textured orange backdrop. It makes me smile.