Thursday, February 12, 2009

Creativity sparks - ideas to inspire : The unusual

On the metal clay yahoo group this week, someone posted about an unusual thing that inspired them. That someone was Sue McNenly who lives in Canada and makes lovely boxes, amongst other things, that you can see here.

I asked her if it was OK to share her cute inspiration tale and she agreed, so here it is:

"Last year I went to Scottsdale and fell in love with a wall I saw in the
changing room of a store! I loved the wall so much that I took a picture
of it...I often do things like that. Anyway, I knew I would use it one
day, and last weekend I made a box using the wall as inspiration."

Here's a photo of the wall:


and here is her box inspired by the wall:

It's just beautiful Sue. I love it.

It's a great example of how the most unusual things can inspire us in life! Thanks for letting me share it. Anyone else have an odd inspiration that they've followed up on??

No comments: