Saturday, December 11, 2010

Weekly Bird in the Hand

It's that time again - when I tell you the things I'm grateful for this week - the things that feel like a having a bird in the hand.

Photo by subarcticmike
  • My voice teacher Karen - she does more than sort my voice/singing out!
  • The man in Macy's who asked me to help him chose a color of a sweater for himself. He was so sweet and wanted to know why I'd chosen one color over another and what he should look for next time.  We had such a nice chat about colors!
  • The delight in just singing out! We had a great rehearsal this week at Grace, sight reading lots of new music for Xmas - including some fun loud pieces.
  • My bookclub. We had our bookclub Xmas lunch yesterday.  This year, we've read some great books and had some wonderful discussions.  It's a great group of women and yesterday was such fun.   My favourite book we read this year was The Help, by Kathryn Stockett.
  • French Macarons!  I made some of these for our bookclub lunch! Yummy!! A light but delicious gluten free dessert! (The photo below isn't the ones I made - I only did three flavours!!)

Hope you've had a yummy week too.

1 comment:

vilterietje said...

mmmmmmmmm those macaroons look yammy! i whish i could come and taste them. love, riet:)