Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Colors of San Miguel

I had some time to do some more dyeing of aluminum today and was attracted to teals and oranges - then realized that it could well be due to the fact that there are a lot of those shades around me in San Miguel right now.


You can see from the photo that I have done four bands - still to be sealed, filed and shaped into bangle cuffs. The band on the right is orange on one side and brown on the other - as shown below. Not quite sure yet whether to shape it with orange or brown on the outside.  Brown is normally a color I avoid but......

I haven't found a great place for photographing my creations here yet.....so excuse the photos that don't show things off to their best.....


The class I'm hoping to take here in San Miguel doesn't start until the New Year, so I'm hoping to try a few different things in the meantime...maybe some cooking ....some dancing....some.....????

1 comment:

vilterietje said...

what lovely colours! must be great in mexico! love, riet:)