Saturday, April 10, 2010

Knitting time....

I keep thinking of knitting.....

So I've hunted out one (of several) half finished projects and am determined to try and get back into it.  It's always much more fun to start new things - but I'm going to be good and try and finish this cardigan first.  At least it's in one of my favorite colors - a limey/citron greeny yellow....


The yarn is called cotton gima and made by one of my favorite yarn producers - Habu Textiles  - a Japanese textile company.  They have such interesting yarns made with lots of different things like paper, stainless steel, bark, bamboo, fine silver, as well as cotton, cashmere, silk etc....

We'll see how it goes.  I used to knit alot before I got so involved in my silver work....but the Habu yarns add a different dimension to it all, making it interesting to work with.   Maybe it will be a short lived knitting phase...but maybe not?  We'll see......And first of all, I've got to try and figure out where I'd got to......

No comments: