Thursday, February 25, 2010

The winner of the caption competition is......

It was sooooooo difficult to choose a winner!  There were many wonderful ones...... I think next time I might have to put it up for a vote....the pressure and all that..... I loved reading them all.  Thanks for entering.

And the winner of the caption competition is Kathy McTaggart Voss

Yeah Kathy - well done!!!

She submitted two great captions but my favorite was:

His parents were suddenly overwhelmed with guilt at the argument they had over Rupert losing his report card the previous night. 
"I should never have said - 'You'd lose your feet if they weren't attached!'" lamented Trisha.


Her other - briefer caption was "Rupert felt so defeeted"

Please send me your mailing address Kathy, so your little prize birdie can fly over to you and sit by your computer and keep you company.... He's excited to meet you (doing somersaults as I type this), and he's going to work hard to remind you not to get defeeted........



Here are all the entries so you can see just what a tricky job I had!  Sorry you couldn't all win!

Tangled stitch said:
Why don't the chicks let us hang out with them?
Clever Endeavor said:
This is not what Trisha had in mind when she said she wanted to "get a leg up" on the day.
Zsazsazsu said:
Did a cat pass by ?
 Hamish said:
I've heard of crows feet but bird feet without an owner!!
Joy Funnell said:
Time to give up the new diet I think.
 Christine Street said:
Head in the clouds, feet on the ground
 Mary said:
Is it my turn yet on the zip wire?
 Fabienne said:
We always knew he had a split personality...
 Christine Street said:
Hoohoo are these?
 Colin said:
"He just took off!"
 Carrie Benvenuti said:
"For The Birds"
 Bev Miller Gallerani said:
"Looks like the kitchen is missing some of the ingredients for the dim sum."
 Kathy McTaggart Voss said:
His parents were suddenly overwhelmed with guilt at the argument they had over Rupert losing his report card the previous night. "I should have never said 'You'd lose your feet if they weren't attached!'" lamented Trisha.
Catherine Witherell said:
 Honey, I told you pinning those on wouldn't work! Sigh!
 Carol Paxson said:
Hanging out in the yard, the jailbirds realized what it would take to fly the joint.
Steve Clary said: 
I TOLD Jimmy not to eat the Alka-Seltzer!
Nicola Callow said:
Robin found a significant clue in the mysterious "Case of the Missing Wine"....
Christine Street said:
Good Lordy! What's this then?
Ruth said:
"I agree Doctor. This is the worst case of Restless Leg Syndrome that I've seen too! Let's hope it's not contagious!"
Hamish said:
Having two left feet, he had real trouble with the tango
 Hamish said:
Jim was just getting ready to venture out when he got cold feet.
 Hamish said:
The birds were against the new perch laws so they voted with their feet
Deb Gassman said:
We told him to "knock his socks off", but apparently he took it to the extreme!
 Joy Funnell said:
That New Years diet seems to have worked a bit too well!
 Sandra said:
Jimmy's new invisibility cloak just wasn't long enough...
 Patricia said:
So, kids--fitness, like everything else, in moderation
Kathy McTaggart Voss said:
Rupert felt so defeeted.
Katherine Malm

I could've used that extra set of legs at my last marathon.
Wendy said:
Oh lord Eggbert, he did it again, he flew the roost and forgot his feet were nailed down!
 Patricia said:
"I thought his doctor said it was a *retinal* detachment."
 Mary said:
When are the next winter Olympics, as we want to enter the pairs skating.

 Thanks again for entering, and helping my birdies find their voices!

1 comment:

Kathy Voss said...

Thank you so much! I'm so excited!