Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Come rain or shine...

Come rain or shine....I'm gonna love you like nobody's loved you.....


It's taken me a little while to come up with a title for this latest necklace. It shows a little birdie with a flower as her umbrella or parasol - providing shelter from rain or the sun. It's not exactly a wintery piece but I started making an umbrella and then got the idea that a flower would be much nicer for a little bird.....


Anyhow - hope you like my latest bird.....and as I checked on my title I found it was in the lyrics to a song. Here's Bette Midler singing it in "For the boys":




Other titles that had come to mind were:
"singing in the rain"....but then the flower could provide shade on a sunny day too.....
"tiptoe through the tulips"....but it wasn't a tulip!
"raindrops on roses".....but it wasn't a rose!


"If love is shelter, I'm going to walk in the rain"....a quotation, but I didn't quite understand it..

"Petal drops".....a bit too cutesy.

Then driving home today, "Come rain or shine" just popped into my head!

Do you have any better ideas for the name?

3 comments:

ClickNCamera said...

That is sooo cute! Have a Happy New Year!

Janice said...

Awwww!! Ruth, I think this is my favorite birdie with his little parasol. I just love your work! :)

Ruth said...

Thanks. I think he's my fav too! And he was never a plan at the outset...just sort of developed!