Friday, April 10, 2009

Church window earrings


Following on from my recent rose window earrings......and as I've been singing a lot at Grace cathedral this week for Holy Week, I've been looking at all those windows and decided to do a pair of arched windows.


Initially I was thinking of using resin in them again, similar to the rose window - then I thought I'd try it without and see if I could still get a "glass" effect.

I think the patina and sparkle gives the earrings that look of depth...through a window.... What do you think?

2 comments:

Lora Hart said...

These are lovely Ruth. I have a church window design similar to this thats been sitting on my bench for months waiting to be finished. It involved riveting. Really, I just have to get to it. You've re awakened my enthusiasm.

Ruth said...

Yes! Do it! I want to see them!! I'm sure they will be riveting.