Monday, April 13, 2009

Entering Competitions

This past week I've just entered two jewelry competitions. Last year I entered my first two ever - one was with Fire Mountain Gems where I won a prize for the Three Little Pigs and the second one was on Etsy to create something with 10g or less of metal clay and my piece - "Anyone can bring you flowers" (shown below) - was one of the winners.


So basking in all this success (!!!) I decided this year that I'll try again. Today I sent in an entry for the Fire Mountain Gems competition again and last week, I entered the Bead and Button competition.


The first stage is just sending photos and info and then if I get through to the next stage, I send in the pieces. My biggest "problem" last year was that I had sold the pieces I entered so I had to make them again! Gosh, what a problem to have :-D Today I've actually just finished remaking these two pieces "remember the little things" and "special delivery" as I've sold them so maybe I'm ready......

I'm surprised the competitions don't have themes....you'd think each year they would focus in on something but they seem totally open......maybe some do and I just haven't found them......

Do you enter any competitions? Any you would recommend? Any personal successes? Do tell!

4 comments:

One Little Bird said...

awesome! I hope you win!! :)

Unknown said...

Good luck - I love your mailbox! :)

Very cute!

Ruth said...

Thanks. I'll be sure to let you know.

Bea said...

oh *squeee*!

I was going to call it the "Twitter Bracelet" :) all the little birds...

Good luck!