Thursday, April 16, 2009

Bird tracks silver bracelet

I refinished my bird tracks bracelet today, adding small silver balls in between each square. It doesn't really change the visual look of the bracelet but without the balls, the squares jingle together quite a lot. I like to hear the sound - but in many environments you don't want a jingle as you move your wrist - so the little spacers do the trick. It's now a quiet bracelet - so you won't scare the birds away as you are checking their tracks!


I've also photographed it again trying a couple of new props. I'd like your opinion. Obviously close ups are necessary but I sometimes like to add one "prop" photo to catch the eye.


Here I've done the bracelet on binoculars and also on a 'field guide to birds' book. Which do you prefer? Which "grabs" you most? If you have the time, please let me know in the comments. Appreciate your point of view!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ruth,
I think I prefer the binos - my attention is drawn too much to the writing on the bird-book. I'd like to see the other end of the bracelet dangling over the binos...I dunno, it'd make it look more luxurious??? Or just make it look more.

CxxxxxG

Anonymous said...

Oh....PS!

Can you hide the bino straps? Looks like a rival black bracelet!

xxxxxC-G

Ruth said...

I tried hiding the strap as I thought it was distracting but it had a mind of it's own! Maybe I should undo it. Gosh - how long will my photo shoots take now!!! No props is definitely quicker!!!

How are you sweetie? Good to see you here.

florcita said...

Hmmm I like them both and I think you are right about a prop here and there to catch your eye.
The binos is better, I think, because the prop doesn't distract you too much from the bracelet (Which is the important stuff, right?). The book is great because it has everything to do with the bracelet itself, but because of colors and letters one tend to change focus to read the back and forget for a moment the front... and that you don't want, right?

Well, in the end it's whatever you like the most...

Becky Brocato said...

I prefer the book. My eye keeps going to the white spot on the bino lens instead of the bracelet. Maybe you could blur the book a bit in photoshop so it is not so much in focus like the bracelet. And it is a lovely bracelet, by the way!
Just found your blog linked on Absolutely Beautiful Things.

Karen Lynn said...

I prefer the binoculars because the contrast really makes the bracelet "pop."

Marissa said...

I like both, but if I HAD to chose one, I said the book.

Ruth said...

Thanks for your comments. You are right about the white spot Becky - I need to try and get rid of that. My eye tends to go there too.
Photography of my jewelry is one of those things that I'm always working on and hoping to improve. I know I'm better than I used to be - but still have plenty of room for improvement!!! Appreciate your ideas

Tangled Stitch said...

It's very beautiful! All your work is beautiful.