Saturday, September 3, 2011

Weekly Bird in the hand

Saturday comes by so quickly! Here is this week's "grateful" list:

Photo by Alan Vernon.
  • Sharing our garden with the quails.  We have two group of quails right now whom we see everyday.  The first group is mummy and daddy quail with two little babies. These were late offspring but Daddy Quentin is taking such good care of them. He is always on the look out!  I've stopped using our front door now as they are so often out there and it upsets them when we go close!  Also, we have a covey of older quail in the garden - more than 20! If we come across them because we too, happen to be in the garden (!), they panic and can't decide which way to run!!! I'm sure they'd all be happier if we just stayed inside!!
  • Having a wonderful meal out with friends yesterday.  The chef made a dish especially for myself and my friend - not on the menu - and it was yummy.  
  • Our friends Don and Janet.  They were due to come up and stay with us this weekend, but sadly Don isn't very well.  Feel better soon my dear and hopefully we can catch up soon.
  • Hiking in beautiful places, with no one else around.  
  • Finding a picnic table after a big climb and enjoy some sustenance.
  • Aqua yoga class.  About 6 weeks ago, I started an aqua yoga class.  Yes, you can tell I live in CA!!!!  I am loving it.  There is a great feeling about the whole class and it's wonderful exercise. It's my new Sunday morning activity and a great way to start the day.
  • My parents, who have decided to move home!  I think it's a wonderful decision and although it might seem scary - it's the perfect time for them to do it.  They will move to be closer to my sister.  
  • A new discovery with base metal clay!  And successful firings of steel and bronze clays.
  • Getting my first commission in steel clay.
How about you? Have you had a lot of things to be grateful for this week?  I do hope so.

3 comments:

vilterietje said...

aqua yoga sounds wonderful, could do it here now at 30 degrees, but this is not normal for the time of the year, so this is a thing to be grateful for.
sadly my neighbour died suddenly last wednesday at the age of 60, you know, she was in hospital, not feeling very well, but you don't expect it! it makes you feel mortal.
so, enough of weening, have a nice weekend and enjoy your aquayogasundaymorningactivity:)

Ruth said...

Sorry to hear about your friend, Riet. It's always so difficult when it happens suddenly. Take care of yourself and I 'll think of you tomorrow morning in my class!

vilterietje said...

thanks ruth:)