Monday, August 16, 2010

Monday's Millinery Musings: The Poetry of Hats

BY GUEST BLOGGER JENNIFER

There are so many wonderful comments that have been made about hats over time. Here are a few matched with hats I have made.

"Milliners never seem to have any difficulty discovering geometrical shapes wholly unknown to mathematicians." - Evan Esar



"I myself have twelve hats, and each one represents a different personality. Why be just yourself?" - Margaret Atwood 
(This is my beautiful sister-in-law, Tracy, modeling the hat she wore to the Saratoga racetrack)



"Then wear the gold hat, if that will move her: if you can bounce high, bounce for her too, till she cry, Lover, gold-hatted, high-bouncing lover, I must have you!" - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby


"The hat is not quite sensational enough. Add a mass of black veiling..." - Christian Dior


"I wear a hat when I go shopping. I get better service." - Mademoiselle Staffer

No comments: