Monday, September 7, 2009

Doug the Dog

I was recently asked to make a dog for a customer but not as jewelry. She wanted a dog that she could carry with her in her pocket ... or that would sit near her on her desk...or watch over her at night...


And so I created Doug the Dog (get it "doug" as in "dug"??!). He's a happy little dog with a big smile on his face. I've been training him and he now lies down - as you can see in the picture. Needs a little more training to get him to sit but I'll leave that up to his new owner, Cindy.

4 comments:

meherio68 said...

Doug the Dog seems like he's going to be much more easy to deal with than my mother's huge alpha-femal dog. Now, there's a dog my beloved kitty would take to!

Ruth said...

Yes, Doug's training has started out well! I'm sure his new owner will get him under control! I think my husband thinks he's just the sort of dog we could deal with!

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW or Woof!!! I not only love Snoopy, I love absolutely love dogs especially labs...in my mind, we own a black female lab...oh, no now you know how really crazy I am. Anyway, sorry Matt and Ted...need dogs more than sheep. Awwww...no I'm sad. :-(

Ruth said...

Colleen! I've spent the evening trying to console Matt and Ted - quite a mess of tears with all that wool - and Doug the dog has done nothing but jump up and down now he thinks he's the favorite! The trouble you cause!