Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Mother's charms

I seem to be getting more and more commission work to make individual charms for people. They generally tend to involve creating a silver miniature version of something that is meaningful to the person or their friend - ranging from either a pet, to a child's favourite toy, to a silver version of a larger household item, to........

I'm thinking that commission charms is something I could get more into. I do like making things only once, and it's great to hear people's stories behind what they are choosing me to create. I'm doing one this week - but I'll write about that later..... Lovely story behind it....

Anyhow, in the meantime, I've created some simple toy charms that would be suitable for a mother's charm bracelet, or one could go on a bookmark, or key ring or.....

Here's a little toy train



















A plane




















A doll's house



















And a rocking horse.



















Sweet little reminders of your children.......

2 comments:

Mariana said...

Beautiful work...as always. Well it is sort of a challenge if someone asks you to make something and you have to follow a certain model, right? the challenge of making it look like the model!

Congrats on the feature!

Ruth said...

You are definitely right. I just finished making a little dog for someone's grand-daughter! It is a long curly haired dog....and the only photo I had was of it's face - so I had to make up a body and tail etc.....and figure out how to make long hair! Definitely a challenge - but I was pleased in the end!