Thursday, August 5, 2010

A bird in the hand - ring

I seem to gravitate to the saying "a bird in the hand......" as a symbol of gratitude.  I really like the saying and in the past I have made a few necklaces depicting it.  But this week I've made it into a ring which is adjustable to whatever size you need it.



I saw a little comedy skit about the saying on television this week.  It was a mock up of the Antiques Roadshow and this woman had brought in a white porcelain-looking hand with a colored bird on it.  They discussed the history and art and style etc, very seriously....and then the guy turned to her and said " and as for what it's worth........I think it's definitely worth two in the bush"!


I've decided I'm going to do a regular - weekly - 'bird in the hand' post on Saturdays.  It'll be my post to say what I am grateful for each week........ A little summary of the good things that have happened that week.  The first one will be this Saturday, so I hope you'll come by and read my  Weekly Bird in the Hand.

No comments: