Saturday, March 7, 2009

New Kitchen!

Well, apologies for no posts over the last couple of days. I haven't finished any new jewelry items this week ( although I have started a couple....) as I have been busy mainly on the finishing up of our kitchen remodel. In fact, if we had liked it all, the kitchen would have been finished this Thursday - but we didn't like the tiles we had chosen for the back-splash so took them off again and now just need the wall repainted - due Tuesday.

So the last couple of days have been spent moving back in! Yippee!!!! It's great to be back. Harold our parrot moved back in yesterday. He'd been kept well away as he doesn't like surprises and loud noises - but he has been making plenty of his own loud noises since he moved back! Lots of singing and squalking! A happy-to-be-home parrot!!!

And I am happy to be home too. We lost half the house during the remodel - and it just feels so big now!

When the painting is finished I'll post some photos. You might not be interesting - but I like it!

Jewelry will come back next week but right now I'm enjoying cooking in my new aga oven/range:

and finding my way around all the drawers and cupboards! Happy eating!

4 comments:

Beaded Zen said...

Woah, what an oven. What have you been cooking in there?

Ruth said...

Made bread straight away - gluten free bread! I hate the taste of all the gluten free breads so my goal with the aga is to create a good bread that I enjoy! My first loaf was the best I'd had in years -but I know I can make it better! It's just a perfect baking oven so I'll soon my writing a gluten free aga cookbook!

Beaded Zen said...

I think you should send me a sample of this bread,,,you know as a review for your cookbook =)

Anonymous said...

Interesting!! Owen is looking great!! I wanna see your jewelry designs and more pictures of your new kitchen!!