Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Business Matters - Part 7b - 100 Times Rule

When I wrote last week's blog post on the 100 times Rule, I didn't expect it to be a two part post - but here I am this week, writing part b. The reason is that I spent the week kind of regretting writing the post because then I had to listen to myself ;-$


I have spent the last month or so not succeeding in a project..... but have kept going. Last week, it still wasn't working - and as it happened, it was last Wednesday when I was just about to decide that yes, it may have been a good idea - but sometimes you just have to call it quits. But then I realized I had just written the post about the 100 times rule and so couldn't quit - especially on the very day I had put forth how good persistence was!!!

Today, finally - after what does seem like 100 attempts, I think I've cracked it!

As Seth Godin says "Persistence isn't using the same tactics over and over... Persistence is having the same goal over and over."

Yes, every time I tackled this project, I tried a slightly different approach. And if I hadn't made progress today would I have been writing a blog post about quitting while you are ahead or knowing when to give up?? Maybe????......but I felt it was in my grasp.....


I'm reluctant to even say what I have been trying to do - as it shouldn't have been complicated but just turned out to be. Anyhow - I made great progress today and I think I will finally make a piece of jewelry that if I costed it out, would cost a fortune for the hours I have struggled with it.

So do I feel good that I persisted????? I guess I will wait until the project is finally finished before I answer that!

Anyhow else have a burst of persistence this week?????

1 comment:

Easterya said...

That's great news Ruth!! Brownie points for keeping at it!! Can't wait to see it!