Thursday, March 19, 2009

Creativity sparks - ideas to inspire: Post Secret

This week's idea to inspire is a blog that I think you might enjoy. It's called Post Secret and it is an ongoing community art project where people mail in their secrets anonymously on one side of a postcard. There is such a variety of messages - on all different topics (so be warned!).

I loved one of the latest. Someone sent in the following postcard:


And after it was shown on the site, someone else emailed in and said:

"I'm a librarian and I've kept all the pressed flowers I've found in returned books over the years."

If you have a moment, take a look at the site. It is an art project in itself - but also inspiring for others too. Hope you like it.

3 comments:

Beth Hikes said...

Wow, I love that secret!! I may have to start sending something back with my library books...secret love notes :) Thanks for sharing this thought!

Ruth said...

Isn't it great! What a nice idea isn't it - makes me want to go to the library now....

Lana Ramos said...

I have a Post Secret book and I love it. Such a cool idea! Frank Warren was just up here, but I missed seeing him.