Thursday, November 18, 2010

Inner Beauty

I'm home again and have got right back into some anodized aluminum work.



 This new cuff is called "Inner Beauty"  - named by my sister.  You may remember I did a bangle like it  called "It takes guts"  where all the drawings are biologically based. At first glance, you don't see what the drawings are but on closer examination, maybe you can see different cells, villi and microvilli, nuclei, endoplasmic reticulum...... It's all about our insides and thus the name!


Instead of a bangle that is riveted together, this is a simple cuff made with thicker aluminum so that it holds it's shape.



It has a matt finish to it which I really like.  I have a few more in progress to show you over the next couple of days....

1 comment:

vilterietje said...

inner beauty, it takes guts....i like them all. what's in a name?
love, riet