Thursday, September 11, 2008

Anyone can ........fly a kite

So here is my latest "Anyone can...." piece. A necklace entitled "Anyone can....fly a kite"

It shows my new friend, Anyone, holding on tight to his new kite and you can just picture him loving that feeling as it takes to the skies and pulls on his arm - and then just for that split second, it takes you off the ground.




This picture here looks like he is just willing the kite to fly......that feeling when you want to blow and encourage it....try as you will, the wind hasn't quite got below it...

But then, the wind gusts and up the kite goes, and you are excited and you let out more string and then it feels like you can fly too!

What a lovely thing kite flying is. Yet you see very little of it nowadays...or is that just here? Maybe there aren't any empty beaches or parks anymore .....?

Anyhow - I hope you like my new Anyone and he gives you the feeling of up, up and away......

If you haven't met Anyone before - be sure to check out "Anyone can fall in love" and "Anyone can whistle".

4 comments:

Mariana said...

You know, we were talking with my husband about ti the other day, I used to love going out to open fields with my neighbourhood friends to fly a kite...was so much fun. But you hardly see any kites on the air anymore. This meant of course that we had to go, buy stuff, make our own kite an take our little one to fly it. And then we realized why there arent kites in the air anymore: you need open spaces to do that, otherwise it all gets netangled in the trees (no cables in the open air here in NL, so those werent a problem). But in a palce like this country that is so crowded, there is hardly any open spaces anymore.. a shame really.

Hey, there is a prize for you waiting at my blog.

And like always, great piece of jewellery!

Easterya said...

KLANK! Sorry, had bottom jaw hitting floor...This is beyond breathtaking...your art is living...this is now officially my favourite of all favourites...I'm in awe!!!

Ruth said...

Marian
So glad the kite was timely. Maybe we should have a "bring back the kite" campaign.....it always seems linked with happy times - clear blue blowy skies.....

Thanks for my prize!

Ruth said...

Fabs
Hope your jaw is better! I know, I think this "anyone" is now one of my favs! Glad you like him.