Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Octopodes Nate and Kate!

If you regularly read my blog, you may remember that a couple of weeks ago I put up a poll to ask you what dangly leg animal I should make next in my collection.  I had done dogs, cats, sheep, birds, penguins, "anyone"....etc.



I foolishly selected a variety of animals that, in hindsight, maybe I should have considered more carefully!  Anyhow - the winner was the Octopus!



Thus I have made octopodes Nate and Tate as earrings with lots of dangly legs! (FYI, the plural for octopus can be either octopuses, octopi or octopodes! )


And so here are Nate and Kate.  Do you get their names?  Yes, could have been Ollie and Olivia but that seemed a little obvious.  So it is Nate = N-8 or N-eight and Kate = K-8 or K-eight as in "oct"??? A little obtuse? I do hope so!!!!

I want to sit on top!
Actually, Nate and Kate were easier to make than I had envisaged - and their legs really do dangle and jiggle well and make a sweet little ringing sound if they move a lot!  Hope you like them - especially if you voted for the octopus!



Yes, Kate is the one with the wider hips!  Nate looks so much more like a male!  You can tell they are quite the playful couple of octopodes!

1 comment:

Joy Funnell said...

love um - brilliant :)