Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Keep a green tree in your heart....

"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come."

Isn't that a nice quote!   It's a Chinese proverb.  I used it to create a pair of earrings for my month of earrings challenge...which is ending all too soon.....

As the month of earrings is a challenge - in that we have to produce 30 pairs of earrings by April 1st - I thought I'd an extra bit of challenge and use it as an opportunity to try new things!!  So I decided to do some carving for these earrings.   I've done only a little before so carved onto a speedball mat/pad and then used that to impress the silver clay in.


Once fired, the green tree was colored with hand tinted resins.


One of the big benefits I see from using this type of carving is that you could then make quite a few copies of the earrings.  Hmmmm, maybe this isn't such a benefit for me as I so much prefer one of a kind or just two of any design!!! ...but it was good to try and I'd do better next time :=D

1 comment:

ramona.ambs said...

beautifull trees! I like that!