Friday, March 23, 2012

Take time to smell the roses

Life frequently seems so busy: so many different things to do, so many calls for our attention, so many distractions..... So we need to remember to take time to smell the roses.    Just think about how it would feel to bend down and stop and smell a rose.  That's quite a powerful image, isn't it: that beautiful perfume; the pretty color of the rose; all those delicate petals. Just thinking about it brings about a sense of calm.


And that's what this bangle is all about. It is a wearable reminder that we need to take time during the day to smell the roses.   Of course, it doesn't have to be roses or smelling anything - just stopping, pausing and breathing deeply and noticing what is around you.


The bangle came about from my first attempt at Adobe Illustrator. Readers of this blog may recall that I've been wanting to try Illustrator for some time, so this little rose was my first attempt. Very basic but I like the soft pinks - and being blonde - I wear quite a bit of pink :-D A dear friend of mine said that blondes should wear pink all the time!


Anyhow I think it would make a nice mother's day gift, or a gift to a busy friend or relative who could do with slowing down a little. What do you think?

2 comments:

Sue McNenly said...

This is my fav so far:) Beautiful lines.

Ruth said...

Thanks Sue. I've only had that one afternoon on illustrator so far, as schedule is too hectic right now, but I'm keen to get back to it. Always good to get your comments. Thanks my dear. xx