Saturday, October 15, 2011

Weekly bird in the hand

Here's this week's good stuff - the things I am grateful for:


  • A passerby who wished me "have a great afternoon".
  • Spending time with good friends who are up visiting us for the weekend.
  • Taking a class and learning something new.
  • Going to my friend's art show.
  • Warm weather (helping the grapes along) and still enjoying eating dinners outside.
  • Cooking quince and enjoying all their flavors.
  • This time of year. I just love it.
  • Picking fruit off the vine or tree and eating it, warmed by the sun.
  • The conversation between myself and my hair stylist.  It's such a different relationship from all others and  I always look forward to our chats.
  • Seeing frogs jumping.
  • Planning our trip back to the UK in 3 weeks time.
  • Sharing green smoothies with friends!
One thing I am sad about this week however is that our friends from England who were due to arrive yesterday and share the grape harvest with us, had to cancel their trip due to ill health.  Here's hoping J gets better soon and that they can come another time instead.

Hope you've had a week full of things to be grateful for too.

1 comment:

vilterietje said...

among the many things i'm gratefull for, we too have a very il relative, which we are hoping to see next thursday. have a wonderful weekend:)