Sunday, July 10, 2011

Meet my followers: Nicole

Today let's meet Nicole Sharp from Cole+Josephine who is a follower of my blog. Nicole is a self taught artist and illustrator.


 She works in watercolor, ink, graphite, gauche and colored pencil to create her paintings.  She is a lover of spontaneity and thus appreciates the unpredictability of watercolors.

Here's a self portait of Nicole:



I love the idea of artists creating their own self portrait. I think all artists should do this in their own media. Hmmm, maybe I need to work on one......

The core of her work comes from her love color, and she adds to that a sense of optimism and humor.

 
I do find her work optimistic and fun.  Hope you do too. She has a blog called Cole+Josephine but I'm not sure who Josephine is!

Hope you've enjoyed this little peak into her work.  If you read this Nicole - let us in on who Josephine is!

1 comment:

vilterietje said...

love her work! it's great in it's simplicity:)