Saturday, November 27, 2010

Weekly Bird in the Hand

As this week was Thanksgiving in the US, it was nice to read other people's equivalent of my "bird in the hand" on their blogs and facebook.  I'm pleased I introduced this weekly "bird in the hand" blog post as a way to record the things I am grateful each week.  It does make you think...and look for new things each week. I highly recommend it - once you start focusing on the things you are grateful and thankful for, you just keep finding more and more!

I found this lovely quotation this week about gratitude by Melody Beattie.  I like it:

        "Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life.  It turns what we have into enough, and more.  It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity.   It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.  Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow."

Photo by Pink Sherbet Photography

My weekly 'bird in the hand' is the usual odd collection:
  • almonds - I use a lot of ground almonds in my cooking as I can't eat wheat and other grains. This week I did some baking and gosh - they are just so yummy!
  • blankets to snuggle under when it's not quite warm enough in the house - or even when it is warm enough but you still enjoy being under a blanket
  • the first frost of the season - seeing all the garden with it's white tinge
  • the squeeze of a home grown fresh lime in your drink
  • having time to meet up with friends for a late lunch
  • Robson Green - one of my favorite actors - I just saw yet another of his films
  • having a cup of coffee only because you want to warm your hands
I hope your week has been full of good things too.

    1 comment:

    vilterietje said...

    you, sharing your blessings with us is one of the things that make me happy!! :o)))
    love, riet:)