Saturday, January 30, 2010

A true friend is a rare bird

"Amicus veritas est rara avis" - a true friend is a rare bird.

Thought I'd share a last Christmas gift that I made for a friend. Unfortunately, before I sent it to her, I forgot to photograph it - which is why I haven't shown it here before. But she kindly took some photos of it this week, so I have a record of it - and I get to put it on my blog!


It's a tiny little box to hold wishes and special thoughts. A little birdie sits on the lid and then inside is the inscription in Latin "amicus veritas est rara avis".

6 comments:

Mieko said...

Wow, Ruth, your friend is so lucky. This is sooooo precious!

WearableByDesign said...

Sweet!!!

Tangled Stitch said...

It's a beautiful gift! Very lovely idea and a beautiful inscription. Just lovely!

Ruth said...

She's a wonderful friend. It's such a different experience making something for a specific person! Do you find the same? Even if I do a commission for someone I don't know, knowing a little about what they tell me, makes a difference!

meherio68 said...

Great job!
A truly inspiring quote.

Ruth said...

Thanks Agathe. Glad you like it.