Saturday, September 19, 2009

What do Lemon Meringue, Prince Valiant and Magic Moment have in common?

Lemon Meringue.... Prince Valiant...Magic Moment......They are the names of some of the new dahlias we just bought today!

We went to this lovely dahlia nursery a few miles away with a really big field full of so many different colors and shapes of dahlias. It was stunning.




Just wandering along the lines and lines seeing all the different variations... Some of the plants were taller than me...some had flowers 12 inch wide...some were spiky... or curly..others were petite and looked like they were made of china...

We bought four plants today and then noted down the names of some of our other favourites so that we can buy the tubers for them later ready for planting in the spring. They'll add lots of lovely color to our garden....

It was like a big feast......yummy! Such a delight for the eyes.

3 comments:

florcita said...

I love Dahlias! Such majestic flowers...so big, colorful...just beautiful.

My Computer Tutor said...

What do they have in common?
Well, I'm famous for the first, I feel like the second and I have a few of the third...now and then!

C-G

Ruth said...

Ah! So that must be why I chose them C-G - I was thinking of you all the time :-D