Thursday, February 19, 2009

Creativity sparks - ideas to inspire : Music

If you look at my jewelry, you'll notice that several of my pieces are entitled with music lyrics or song titles. Music is a big part of my life - I sing a lot and listen a lot. A whilst listening to an old Beatles song or some CD may spark works like "driving along in my automobile" and "fly me to the moon".....music can do so much more.

Take for example just sitting back and listening to Ralph Vaughan Williams' "The Lark Ascending".....

Here is a link to it - just play it as you continue to read..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbcuteYm-EA

or else just stop for a while and close your eyes and listen. I first heard this piece live at the Three Choirs Festival in Gloucester cathedral. It was just so breathtaking......

Or another piece is Barber's Agnus Dei........I find it takes me on a journey that is difficult at times but at the end, I am so uplifted through going through the difficulties......

Here's a link to it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkObnNQCMtM


Just getting lost in music is a wonderful thing. To help you get into it, as the piece starts, imagine yourself starting to walk on a path and then see where the path takes you and what colors appear and......expect nothing, just observe....

Take the time. Sit comfortably and do nothing but close your eyes and listen.

Is there a piece of music that you get totally absorbed in? Something that shifts your mind....do tell us. Please add it in the comments section so we can listen too......... Let's share our experiences...

No comments: