Wednesday, November 30, 2011

48/52 Bird a week - Chilly Billy

Who's this peaking out of his blanket to say hello?
It's Chilly Billy!

I hope you'll welcome him as this week's bird for the bird a week challenge.  Yes, a different media and technique.  Knitted (washable!!!) wool!

Actually, Billy used to be Chilly but I knitted him a blanket and now he's not-so-chilly Billy!



I made him for a baby due in the family in January.  If you read my blog, you know that we have two new babes appearing in the new year, one each from John's twin sons.  One is a little girl - and I'll show you her little friend in a few days - and the other is a boy - and Chilly Billy and his blanky are just for him.



It's an exciting time and it was lovely while we were in England to hear all the excitement about the two new births.  I'm hoping Chilly Billy will be a nice snuggly penguin for a new boy babe.

He looks pretty perky and a little naughty actually! Maybe he just likes a bit of fun.  He definitely looks like a cute Billy.

It's been a while since I've knitted so much!  I especially enjoy it when knitting for someone else, as I think of that person all the time I'm knitting.  So Chilly Billy had me set on Adam, Alexa and their special little treasure, as the needles clicked away!

And now - only 4 more birds to do this year to make my 52 total! I wonder what they will be like? I have no idea right now!


Click on the links below to see the other birds that have been born this week from other artists:

1 comment:

Patty Biermans said...

He is indeed a little cheeky penguin!!! And knitting for babys is a lot of fun :)) hugzz...peebee