Wednesday, November 23, 2011

47/52 Bird a week challenge - Home to Roost

This week's bird - "Home to roost", is timely for a couple of reasons.  Firstly, we are flying home today, back to the US.  And secondly, tomorrow is Thanksgiving in the US and a time when a lot of people go home to share the celebrations with family.  So lots of people, as well as birds, will be going home to roost.


I made this bangle as a gift for a friend actually. The picture is of birds flying home in the evening at Lake Huron where she has a summer home. Sure enough, the lake house is a real place for the family to gather - both in the past when her parents were alive, and now also with the rest of the family. 


I got to visit there a couple of years ago and it was such a lovely homey place. No wonder the family go home to roost there.

The bangle is made from color anodized aluminum - or maybe as I'm typing this in the UK, that should be Colour anodised aluminium!


Hope you are going home to roost for Thanksgiving.

Here are links to other birds that have been created this week as part of our challenge:

1 comment:

Marly said...

I just love this bangle! Every time I wear it, I can look down and see a beautiful cottage sunset scene. It helps to bring peaceful moments as I go about my busy day!
The colors on the bangle are so vivid and lovely. Such a personal gift, too!
Thanks so much, Ruth!