Saturday, August 20, 2011

Weekly bird in the hand

The things I am grateful for this week:

Photo by Steve (huz001); back in Missouri
  • A few weeks ago we got the wonderful news that there will be two new additions to our family in the new year.  This week, we heard one will be a little girl. Still waiting a couple of weeks to hear on the other.  Yippee-yeye-yeah!!! 
  • Walking in nature.  I love my daily walks, watching the deer, birds, lizards, squirrels etc all busy with their lives.  I wonder if they enjoy watching us too?
  • Success at getting a reservation for The French Laundry restaurant in Yountville (best restaurant in our area) with our friends in October. I've tried quite a few times to get a reservation there and never been successful. Now we get to try it. 
  • Our book club.  Yesterday was our August meeting and it was just a lovely way to spend the morning and then lunch.  Great group of women.
  • Meeting new friends and finding out all that you have in common with them.
  • Enjoying my latest food heaven: pumpkin seeds. I've recently been toasting my own for salads etc but now found "eden foods" low salt spicy pumpkin seeds and just adore them.  For those Brits reading, the flavour sort of reminds me of twiglets you get in England and I haven't had in years - but the pumpkin seeds are a little spicier - and gluten free.
  • Seeing a stranger have a good old laugh! It is quite contagious and definitely brought a smile to my face!
  • My gentle dental hygienist.  She is so considerate and I really do appreciate that!
Hope your week has been full of good things too.

2 comments:

vilterietje said...

hopefully the newcomers are healthy:)

Sue McNenly said...

Ahhhhhh! I will be with you in spirit at the French Laundry! Order me something delicious, PLEASE:)