Saturday, February 20, 2010

Introduction time - new connections

Thought I'd take a little time to introduce to you some new people whom you will meet via my blog.

First of all, I have a new guest blogger - Jennifer Whitmer.  She lives in Sonoma - a few miles away from me.  I met her when she came to one of my jewelry open house shows a couple of years ago with her mum, whom I knew from the Sonoma Newcomers Group.

Jennifer is very creative and teaches classes locally and not so locally too.  She creates "Impromptu millinery and accessories".  I helped her set up her Etsy store a few months ago and she is thinking about creating her own blog....but while making her mind up, I suggested she write a few guest blog posts on mine as a "warm-up" and to get in the swing of things!  You'll read her first guest post later this week....not about her creations, but her husband Dave's instead ! - but you'll hear about her's sometime soon I hope.  In the meantime, here is a snapshot from her etsy store:


The other three people I want to introduce you to are all joining our merry go round.  For those of you who don't know, the merry go round is a group of craftswomen/artists who join together once a month to blog about the same topic and link to each others blogs so we can see how we all respond to the same topic.  We live all around the world and have a wonderful time blogging together and also supporting and encouraging each other.

The first new "merrier" is Kim at Vilt a la Kim who does wet felt work.  She lives in the Netherlands.  I love the colors of her work - and especially her candle light holders that you can see in her etsy store:


Next up is Alison at Tweed Delights where she creates "gifts for the home" and also "fun and funky tweedie plush" from Harris Tweed.  Alison lives in the Outer Hebrides of Scotland.


My fourth introduction is to Mitsy from ArtMind  I know you'll love her blog with lots of great tutorials and ideas......  She does ceramics and lots of other things too!  Mitsy lives in Belgium.  Here's a little selection from her Etsy store:

 

Our merry go round post is due next Friday - 26th -  so I hope you'll come by and see what all us "merriers" have to say! 

It's always lovely to make new connections with other people and I'm looking forward to getting to know the new merriers, and spending more time with Jennifer.  

Hope the weekend is a good "connecting" one for you.

5 comments:

Mitsy / ArtMind said...

What a lovely welcome, Ruth! Thank you! I'm excited to meet all the merriers & I love the concept! :)
Goodluck to Jennifer on the guest-blogging - she'll be addicted soon for sure! ;)

Tweed Thoughts said...

Many thanks for the introduction Ruth - 'see' you on Friday :)

Kim van Waardenburg said...

Thanks for your warm welcome!!
I am looking forward to this new thing for me.

Ruth said...

Glad you all popped by! Hope you had a good get together with Mariana, -Mitsy and Kim.

Jennifer said...

Thank you, Ruth, for being so welcoming and inviting me to your blog. The etsy minis are beautiful! So many talented friends you have.

Thank you, too, Mitsy, for the blogging vote of confidence. It really is fun after the initial panic passes.