Friday, January 2, 2009

A year of towns/cities


The past week has been a week of thinking. I've haven't been making any jewelry but instead have been thinking...about my business, about my blog, about the rest of my life.....and what needs to change and what I like and what I should do more of and what I should do less of....

So there will be some changes this year. Look out for them - and do offer feedback.

The first one is the subjects of my blogs. At times like this when I haven't made anything new to show you and tell you the story behind, what do I write about? What will interest you ? So here's something to start.

My 2008 year in town/cities. It's a list of the places I visited last year in date order, where I spent one or more nights.

Ormond Beach, FL
Sanibel Island, FL
Healdsburg, CA
Carmel, CA
Cheltenham, Ironbridge, Windrush Lake, London,UK
Vancouver, Canada
Seattle, WA
Portland, OR
Whidbey Island, WA
Bainbridge Island, WA
West Lafayette, IN
Cheltenham, Lincoln, Watford, London, UK
Half Moon Bay, CA

Interesting to seem them listed. There is alot of "water" involved in the list - islands, lakes, beaches, bays.....

Maybe if you have a blog, this could be our blog meme - ie you write out your towns/cities of 2008 too in your blog and let me know in the comments section so we can all take a look!

Wonder what travelling will come about in 2009? Nothing planned at present, except our usual trips back to England......

3 comments:

Magriet said...

Great idea Ruth. As I haven't really been anywhere other than England last year, I'll have to find another theme to write about.

Where do you usually go when you visit the UK? If you're anywhere near Kent, I would love to meet you in person.

Ruth said...

We don't normally get around Kent I'm afraid - our families are further north or west........But yes, it would be good to meet up sometime...Maybe we can arrange a bloggers get together one of these days!

The Bunny Maker said...

oh dear! when I look back over 2008 I haven't been anywhere at all! I went to london for the day once!
This is too sad!
The boys prevent me going around too much - hauling the troops around the place.

who said meet up? I love those! i'm in west sussex. its very cold here today!