Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Comfort

You know those days when you just feel down; sad for no real reason; not depressed, but need a little love...or someone to comfort you....

I had a couple of those days last week. And maybe this was why this necklace came about. I had originally thought it was going to be a shaking hands necklace, but then as I did it, it became two nestling hands, as though they were there for comfort. And as it came about, it seemed like it was my own hands, comforting myself....

The necklace is reversible, so the hands can be palm out or in. Palm out, it looks to me like they are just waiting to do their comforting - offering up their loving care. Palm in, they are already working - soothing and comforting as needed.

So if you are feeling in need of comfort - know that I am sending you comforting thoughts.....

7 comments:

Ravenswick said...

That is a wonderful necklace, I love it! Very creative and original. Congrats on the treasury also!

Chocolate and Steel said...

This is so sweet:) it's amazing what we can come up with when we allow ourselves the freedom.

Ruth said...

You are right Christine. Sometimes just letting things be or appear is so interesting. Not what you is planned but just needs to be....

Mariana said...

ANother original creation. I really like this one. I actually thought of "coming together"...understanding... I mean, this very well could be a necklace diplomats HAD to wear at the UN meetings :)
I really like it.The detail in the hands is extraordinary.

Hope youa re feelign better now.

Ruth said...

Thanks Marian. I like "coming together". Maybe I'll do another... I listed this on etsy and sold it within a couple of hours!

Beth Hikes said...

This is a really cozy idea! It feels very contemplative. I want to get out my meditation pillow right now. You're amazing :)

Ruth said...

Thanks Beth. I like the thought of it being cozy..... I think some more hands will make an appearance soon. I love making them... Hope you are doing well.