Friday, July 11, 2008

Riding along in my automobile....

So I'm looking to get a new car. I've had mine about 5 years...it's out of warranty, and it seems that lots of little things go wrong with it. To be honest, it's probably not lots of little things, but one thing that didn't get resolved for ages......and meant the engine light kept coming on...which was always worrying..... I have now got it mended - but the service I've had is just awful! I've found someone local who was nice and easy to get on with - but they couldn't find what was wrong with it. When I finally found someone who could repair it, they were rude and patronizing and ...just a horrid experience. So...moving on....... Try something new.

So I recently test drove a mini cooper s. It was fun. I liked the drive. Very different from my current car. I was half thinking about the convertible, but I don't like the design. With the roof up, there is such a big expanse of "black" in the back and visibility looks bad through the back window. With the roof down, the roof has nowhere to go? It just hangs out in a mess. So I'm thinking the hardtop. Maybe in a few years they will improve the design of the convertible...

But then you get all these choices! Build your own mini!!! Great idea - but I'm just not used to choosing the design of the dash and trim......never mind what mats I want in it and what about stripes on the front and roof color......It's a great idea - if I ever make up my mind.......And as long as I can stop my husband always going on about the "old" mini he used to drive back in England......Hmmmmmm.

Anyhow - after test driving the mini - I made this little car necklace. I know it doesn't look like a mini - more like a VW bug...but it was meant as a "generic" car - a cute and playful design. That's what I'm looking for in my car.....
My latest thoughts for my mini were to get a yellow one with a white top...and maybe get a large flower decal to go on the door.....but then with the flower, my husband might not want to drive it!!!!

What I'd really like however, is a lime green one.....but it's not a color they can do and it seems a bit silly to get a new car and then respray it. But, as my nephews know - lime green is my favorite color! How cool to drive around in a lime green mini....... Maybe I'll just have to settle with adding some lime green to a car necklace!!!

Anyone out there got good mini stories and ideas for me??

6 comments:

Mariana said...

I actually like the old version of the mini too!! hahaha the old versions of all these old cars that are being revamped these days. The fiat, citroen, mini, beatle...I like the old versions. Although if someone said to me, here... for free, a new revamp version of the Fiat 500, I wouldnt turn it down!

Unfortunately these days, i drive a huge peugeot where I can put kid, pram, dog, grocery bags and tons more. Not glam at all!

Love the little car necklace!!

it's mariana here, from Florcita (ed.dawanda.com/shop/florcita). I saw your comment on the forum so I come to visit and now I'll add you to my bloglines so i can read you when you publish!

My blog: www.florcitasart.blogspot.com

Easterya said...

A lime green Mini sounds absolutely fabulous!!You've got to have it!!! And to customize it further, how about designing your own birdland figure for the bonnet, you know, like the Rolls and Jags and Bentleys? :D

Ruth said...

Marian, thanks for coming by to check out the blog. You'll see that I already had your blog listed on the site. I encourage anyone reading this to check it out. Marian's flowers and birds in particular I really love - and love how you use them as banners and avatars. Such an appealing design. Some of them will be coming to live at Birdland soon I think......

And glad you like the old cars. The old mini really was a 'mini' too - so tiny! The new one means you can breath out as you drive it!!! Really - quite a large car in comparison :-D

Maybe one of these days...when your child is grown, you have a tiny dog, you don't eat much food.....you can buy one of the oldie cars and zip around!!

Keep creating - and I'd love to feature you on my blog. Do consider it - would love to hear about your flowers.
Ruth

Ruth said...

Hi Fabs
I love it! The idea of creating a silver car flying bird instead of the Rolls Royce flying lady!!!! That's it! A new change in direction for me. No more regular jewellery. I'm going to specialize in personalized car "jewellery". I could do all things flying...a bird for birdland, a flying dog for dog lovers.....a flying house for realtors.....all individually hand sculpted in silver! I know mini would just jump on the opportunity!

You make me laugh!

Yes, don't know how to go about the lime green mini...keep hoping they will announce lime green as their new colour for 2009.......

Easterya said...

Excellent idea Ruth, I'll have a flying pig...=D

Ruth said...

Be careful what you ask for....