- Our continuing harvest. Today we picked a fridge load of meyer lemons and about 24 soft persimmons. We still have more of them for future harvests...and also some guavas.
- Cooking new recipes. Today I tried a persimmon pudding recipe recommended by Jennifer. Yummy - I'm just eating my piece now...warm and a little gooey!
- Cooking extravagantly ie unhealthy dishes, once in a while! I made Eccles cakes with potted stilton for dinner at a friend's house this week. Gosh was it a wonderful combination. Not something to eat every week but a couple of times a year - especially around Christmas time, and it really hits the spot. And I made the puff pastry gluten free and it turned out great.
- Eating out! I've eaten out so much this week, both at friend's houses and at restaurants. It's lovely to share food with good company.
- New cookbook! I get so excited at the thought of some of the recipes...and can't wait to try them.
- Cold frosty mornings and warm sunny afternoons. It was 71 degrees here yesterday afternoon!
- Having our friend's dog, Bella, back with us for a couple of weeks.
- Making lots of sales from my website and Dawanda's.
Saturday, December 17, 2011
Here is this week's list of things I am grateful for. I think you might notice that there has been a certain theme to my week this week!: