Saturday, December 10, 2011

Weekly bird in the hand

Here is this week's list of things I am grateful for - my "bird in the hand":

Cold Hands, Warm Heart
  • Crisp frosty mornings with sunshine.  Puts some color in your cheeks!
  • Making time to play with food! I made igloo cakes and penguins for my book club Xmas lunch yesterday.  I'll show you them on Wednesday for my "bird a week".
  • A good bird vet.  Poor Harold hasn't been feeling well this week.  Lots of feather loss and not eating. Hoping that the vets advice will sort him out and have him feeling tickety-boo in no time at all!
  • Dinners out with friends.  This time of year it seems we eat out with friends nearly every day!  Lovely to see the friends but next week we need to eat less food!
  • Sad movies.  Watched "Sarah's key" last night. I'd read the book for our bookclub ages ago, but loved watching the movie too.  In fact, the journalist annoyed me much less in the movie than she did in the book! 
  • The anticipation of becoming a grandmother.
  • The excitement of putting up the Xmas tree this afternoon!
Hope your week has been exciting too.

No comments: