Friday, October 14, 2011

Willow birdhouse - Part II

So here is my finished woven birdhouse:


I was really pleased with it.  The weaving seems secure and it all holds itself together well.  Our instructor gave us the option of decorating the houses with lichen and seeds and nuts and other things, but in my usual minimalist style, I left it as it is, with willow for the base and the roof woven in leaves.

My friends' houses came out great too. Here is Elisa with her large house, where the roof is made from eucalyptus bark and the house is decorated with twigs with lichen:


And here is Monique's house with her flower style roof made from leaves. Isn't it fabulous:



This final photo shows Monique with Cheri on the right - our instructor. 


It was wonderful day and I do think I'll be trying willow weaving again sometime....especially as I have a weeping willow tree in my garden.

Have you tried anything new recently?

2 comments:

vilterietje said...

oooooh ruth! indeed beautiful birdhouses, and so different!
love them all:)

Marly said...

Just love these willow birdhouses, Ruth! What a perfect thing to do on a rainy day! Have you found a special spot for it? Now the birds will have another beautiful choice for a home in Birdland!